Saturday, April 6, 2013

4/5/13 Progress in small things

Last night was not near as awesome as the night before, but still a step in the right direction for sleeping more. This whole separate room thing is working out pretty well. I read again about Montessori floor beds. I had been asked some questions, and I was looking for something I read in the past. I was going to add a link for them for those interested in reading about them, but instead, I just read a bunch more. It sounds like it can be a challenge to keep some kids in the bed when they start teething, but does that really matter? Eventually the child will get so tired he has to sleep, even if he does have access to playing with toys instead. If they fall asleep on the floor playing with their toys, is there really any problem with that? I guess I will just have to see when I get there. Nothing ever goes as planned with parenthood and child rearing anyhow.

I got a little sewing done in this morning. It was nice to have a bit of time for creativity while Josiah slept. I probably should have been doing the taxes, but it is just really hard to motivate myself to use my small amount of free time to do taxes. I also went for a visit with a friend. We went for a walk/jog with a bit of trail exploration. Bryan watched Josiah for me so I didn't have to put the stroller in the car, get Josiah all ready, and figure out how to keep him dry in the rain. It is nice to have adult conversation without him. I love holding him and all, but my conversations are even more A.D.D than normal when I have a baby to distract me.

BG Freetime fits well at 10lbs

I think we might be committing to a complete switch to the one size diapers. We just like the BumGenius Freetimes much more than any other diapers we have, and Josiah is just big enough to fit into them.

I am having a lot of success with the football hold for breast feeding on the left without the nipple guard. I think we might be completely guard free by 2 months. So far, healing of the sore seems to still be happening with the football hold. It just places Josiah's tongue and jaw on the opposite side, so they don't keep irritating the sore spot. The hold is also rather upright which I think will help him control the strong flow for less spit up.

Funny sitting position after feeding in the football hold.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment