Wednesday, April 10, 2013

4/10/13 Living

I decided it was ok to spend a couple days just living, and went to bed when I wanted to rather than try to get a blog post in before bed. It was good, but I want to keep this for my memories, so I'm back at it.

Full Lap
Sleeping Boys
Cute in cloth diapers

 

Monday I hung out with Laura. We went to the Mississippi district and got things we needed to make cheese. We ate tasty waffles for lunch. I chose sausage and maple. It was amazing! We went in a few other cute shops and I fed Josiah in the car rather than on chairs outside. I was a tad shy, but mostly concerned about the cold and wanted to have a back rest, so I decided the car would be best.

My 6 week postpartum check up was fine, I got some good tips, and I don't have to go back until my annual exam unless something changes or is wrong. Josiah was pretty fussy all day. :( I want a happy boy. His poor tummy.

We got Josiah's newborn album and birth announcements. They look great!

 

Tuesday, I stayed at home playing with Josiah. We went for a run.

I like my bright shoes.

 

It was a better day. Having given him the colic medicine every 6 hours or so for the past few days made a big difference. I downloaded a video editing app and started messing around. I like playing with video. I don't have to worry about spelling and punctuation!

 

Today, I hung out with Laura because her little "Reeseling" has not made his appearance yet. We made mozzarella cheese today. It involves a lot of add something and stir a few minutes, then wait a long time, then add something else and wait another long time.

Beginning stages of cheese making

 

Curds

We just chatted, played with Josiah, and watched some Parenthood shows. The cheese turned out a bit on the salty side due to the book not telling me how strong a brine to use and me not checking it after two hours, so it brined the whole three before I realized that it was a bit on the salty side. It is also firmer than I expected. I could probably grate it if I wanted. I look forward to more cheese adventures in the future.

Josiah did really well being over there all day long, he kept his fussing to smaller periods and had some fun happy awake moments with both Laura and Terry, then he slept on Josh for a good hour without much crying.

 

4 comments:

  1. I checked my cheese chunk right after you left, so I pulled it from the brine a bit earlier. I was surprised at its firmness, too, but Josh said he liked it that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason needs to see this picture of Josh cause though he's stoked for Josh to be our pediatrician he somehow got it in his head Josh hates babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I'm glad you checked yours earlier. I wonder if the time spent pulling it or the temperature of the water I used while pulling the cheese caused it's firmness? Maybe if we had a way accurate thermometer and the water was actually 167 degrees if it would have changed anything.
    Nike, Jason is so wrong about Josh. He loves to hold Josiah. He has to try not to fight Terry for him. Last night was particularly nice for him because Josiah was not screaming. I think he is feeling better most of the time so he is more enjoyable to hold. Josh likes him well enough that he'll hold him even while screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just the getting them out that he doesn't like. Once they're out and clean, he's quite happy with them!

    ReplyDelete