Friday, April 26, 2013

4/25/13 Blessings

I was so tired today. The last two nights I have been keeping Josiah in our room. I put an all night diaper (a Freetime with a hemp insert in it) on Josiah and just fed him and burped him and put him back down to sleep. The first night went fairly well with the exception of a grunting and fussing period from 5am-6am. Otherwise, he slept when he wasn't eating, so I got enough sleep, just broken up. It was worth it to go to the beach. Last night, though, was not so great. Josiah ate at 11:45 when we got home from the beach, and then again at 2, and at 3:34, 5:15, 6:30, 8:00 and at 9:40. He also had his grunting and fussing from 5-6. Usually, he'll eat 4 times: midnight, 3am, 6am, and 9am. Not 7 times. I am wondering now if he was going longer stretches during the day, while at the beach, and that made him extra hungry at night? Whatever it was, that was so hard. I have been so tired all day. I ate breakfast at almost 11 because I just couldn't drag myself out of bed, even though it's not like I was really getting much sleep there. I had just enough time to eat before Josiah got tired and was fussing again. I got him to sleep and chose to shower while he slept to get the remaining sand off of me. Bryan came home from helping my mom with a load to the dump at noon. Josiah woke up soon after acting hungry, but my amazing husband worked his baby whispering magic and got him back to sleep until 1:15, so I wrote my blog posts and ate a small lunch before feeding him again. He got back to an every 3 hour schedule after that. Bryan watched him in the afternoon so I could nap for a couple hours. Oh, how that helped! I felt so much better! I don't know how mothers do this without someone to pitch in and help with feedings at night. I am so blessed that Bryan is so involved and willing. I have had such awesome support this whole time. It has been amazing!

We got together with Lori and Chris for dinner. Lori made paella. It is delicious Spanish goodness! Bryan said he'd eat it regularly and had two heaping plates full, so we are trading recipes since Lori loved the blackberry ginger clafouti I made for dessert. It was great to see them! We have a date for ice cream next week to prevent the long spells of not seeing each other. After dinner, we walked over to see Joni and Stu. It was great to see them. It had also been way too long. This was the first time they got to meet Josiah, and he's already 2 months old. He was really good the whole time even with Cada yipping for attention. They are such great people. They offered the beach cabin if we want to go stay sometime before I go back to work. We'll have to take them up on that offer.

Paella
Christ & Lori invested in some of their own baby gear, like this bassinet/playpen/changing table since their will be more babies around. Lori's sister is also expecting.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment