Wednesday, April 3, 2013

4/3/13 - Smiles

Josiah smiles socially today! It was even something we were able to get him to repeat, so I got some rather wide open mouth smiles on video. To give the little guy some credit, he had been telling us he was hungry for the last 20-30 minutes and he was smiling even though he was very hungry. That's probably why his mouth was open so wide with some of the smiles.

 

Today I sorted the clothes and took out all the newborn ones that were getting quite tight on our little 10lb chunk. I also decided to try the Bum Genius Freetime diapers on him again. They actually fit better than I thought they would, and so well that I just kept grabbing another one to put on him instead of the newborn diapers and covers.
Josiah is starting to want to stand on his legs. When I am holding him upright on my lap he pushes up with his legs. He seemed to enjoy the "pop goes the weasel" game I was playing with him so he wouldn't fuss when we were out to dinner.
He is changing so much. He seems to recognize things when he looks. He seems to know when I am preparing to feed him because his fussing will die down some while I am getting us situated. He turns his head to mine and Bryan's voices. I guess what I am trying to say is he is starting to interact, and I am loving the interaction. I am a tiny bit sad that he's not just tiny and cuddly and sleepy all the time like he was in the beginning, but I don't want that for him, or for me, forever, I just wanted to savor it a little longer. I guess that's what video is for.

 

2 comments:

  1. Hoot! What a big tummy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really trying to take a picture of him in his one size diaper, but I love it more for his crazy full round tummy!

    ReplyDelete