Saturday, April 20, 2013

4/20/13 second hike

We took Josiah hiking along the Clackamas river today. I made several clothing improvements for Josiah and he stayed very worm. I didn't even sing the song I made up last hike (Josiah cold-leg-es) once. This time I put him in jeans, smart wool socks covered in cashmere baby socks that we just happened to have, covered in shoes. When I got hit I stead of just unzipping my coat, that was around us both, I took it off and wore it backwards to keep Josiah warm and me cool. We changed his diaper on the trip and it went ok without him freezing. Nursing on a lunch break worked just fine again. Josiah slept the whole hike in the Beco just like last time. It all went well.
So far my hiking with baby packing list is: sit upon, nursing cover, diaper 2 pre-moistened wipes, wet bag, change of clothes, swaddle blanket, burp cloth, Beco Gemini, smoothie pacifier, a coat that fits around us both, an umbrella and a bottle just in case I want the option to kit nurse whoever Josiah decides he is hungry.
We hung out with Laura and Jess for the evening, so the last picture is Josiah and Jess swaddled side by side.









No comments:

Post a Comment