Wednesday, April 17, 2013

4/16/13 Updates

An update on the baby things that are important to me.

Running postpartum is going well. Today I did 3.2 miles in 31 minutes with a stroller. Josiah does really well in the stroller. Sometimes he looks around, sometimes he sleeps, and he has only cried once. It was a time when I started walking for a cool down and he was hungry. Stretching after running is still a challenge because frequently Josiah wants to eat within 20 minutes of the end of the run. We use the BOB stroller and a Graco seat for running. The only thing I could improve would be for the stroller to have the car seat in a slightly more upright position. I really like having the stroller there to hold a layer of clothing after I warm up, a water bottle, and my phone. I hope I don't become dependent on it. Also of note, I find that I am not using the fixed front wheel feature of the stroller. Our roads just aren't straight enough to not be constantly lifting the stroller to turn.

Ran for Boston today

 

Cloth diapering is going great! I still haven't used a disposable since leaving the hospital. The Kissaluvs newborn diapers fit well, are really absorbent, and Josiah didn't seem to cry about being wet. They fit well even now, but the newborn Prowraps don't fit well any more, and we really like his one size diapers which fit well now. We used 24 Kissaluvs with 8 Prowraps, 2 Lil'Joeys, and 3 Swaddlebees Simplex newborn one size. We did diaper laundry every 3 days when using the newborn diapers. For wipes have 12 Osocosy flannel single ply wipes, 12 Osocosy flannel double ply wipes, 12 Thirsties fab wipes, and 12 microfiber washcloths. I use the single ply wipes on the go and the thicker ones in the wipe warmer. We are now only changing Josiah's diapers in his room, so I did we'll in coming up with a no cost solution for the temporary changing station in the master bathroom. We may have one more station in the future in the hall bath when Josiah starts eating solids and we need to use the sprayer on his poopy diapers.

Swaddlebees Simplex

 

Breastfeeding is also going well. I think my over supply of milk is finally starting to regulate. Josiah is 100% weaned from the nipple shield. I was very worried that he would have trouble with that, but there was no problem. I still have that healing sore on the left side, so I use the football hold to keep his tongue and moving jaw away from it. Lying down also works when I am somewhere I can lie down. Bryan is still feeding 1-2 bottles at night between 1-7am. Josiah takes the bottle very well. The Playtex Nurser slow became too slow and the medium is still too fast, so we are using Avent with #1 nipples and that works well.

Upright football hold?

 

Baby wearing is something we do every day. We love both the Moby and the Beco Gemini. They are both very versatile and comfortable. They have both worked for Josiah from the first day home from the hospital. Bryan had a little trouble with the Beco in the very beginning with Josiah's head falling to his chest. We decided that my boobs were what prevented that from happening with me. Bryan wonders now if he just wasn't adjusting it correctly. It may have been fine all along.

Beco Gemini

 

Here are some pictures from today...

 

All smiles this morning.

 

Staring Contest

 

Thinking pose
Pacifier Skills

And a video of finding the pacifier on Josiah's nose...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment