Monday, March 4, 2013

Wanting Routine

Bryan ran night shift for me last night. He used some of the milk we had pumped to feed Josiah at 3am and 6am. I woke at 7 after 6.5 hours of sleep with very full and tender breasts. I pumped out 6oz, ate some toast, and went back to sleep until Josiah's 9am feeding. I feel much better after all that sleep. I don't have much time between feelings; 2 hours when I count set up time, diaper changes and burping. Today, I used my time to pay some bills, take a shower, and do laundry. I got to use the clothes line that my mom made for me for my diaper laundry. It tipped over when I hung the last one, but Bryan came to my rescue again. He came out and re-anchored it.
Karen, Steve, and Dorothy brought food over today, and Tricia came with them. It was good to see all of them. Dorothy is adorable. She has the chubby cheeks and still lots of dark brown hair. Karen and Steve look like parenthood suits them well. Tricia really liked Rusty, and he actually laid down by her to get his belly scratched. Everyone got to hold Josiah. Karen had helpful ideas about the vitamin D and other things. I got to give her my scrubs back and a bunch of mine for her to wear while she loses baby weight.
Couples class was about money management. Bryan and I have very similar views and a plan! We are so grateful that his parents got us the Dave Ramsey books so long ago and that we now are relating well to each other when it comes to our money. Katie made us dinner. It was tasty pork chops on the smoker with corn and baked beans.
It was a good day. I am trying to start adding structure. So far I can get me and Josiah up, fed, and dressed; get laundry done; and walk regularly. I am still working on meals, watching less TV, and have found other things I want done.











1 comment: