Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rest day at home

We had another rough night. Josiah wanted frequent feedings, and was very fussy between them. One time, he was trying to use me as a human pacifier. He wanted to weakly suck, or not suck at all, and just sleep, but would wake up screaming if I unlatched him. I got so frustrated with him between 4-8 that Bryan took him out of the room at 8, and let me sleep until I woke up at 12:30. Bryan had fed Josiah at 11:45, so I got to eat breakfast, pump, and just talk to Bryan for a while, before becoming a milk factory again. Today seems better though. Bryan thinks it's because Josiah pooped. He was just having smears for the last 24 hours or more, so Bryan thinks he was backed up and that made him fussy. This may also account for the frequent feedings.
It's been good to stay home, play with Josiah, nap, and cook tasty things. I made molasses cookies, ginger chicken for dinner, and now Bryan is working on chocolate covered strawberries!
I took Josiah out in a onesie while it was sunny. I am trying to justify not giving him Vitamin D medicine. I just don't think it's that necessary.
During one of his awake times Josiah did, I believe intentionally, put his fist in his mouth, and start sucking on it.
He holds his head up a lot when being burped, and when on his stomach, and turns to look at whoever he wants, but he's still got a ways to go before gaining full neck control.









2 comments:

  1. Man, I think I'll come over and you can feed me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fridge is well stocked I just need a one day warning because it takes all day to get stuff prepped and ready because I keep having to stop and tend to Josiah.

    ReplyDelete