Sunday, March 24, 2013

Baby Shower Day

I slept from 12-6:45 and then again from 7:15-8:40. I got up and got the last of my shower projects finished. Josiah was extra fussy about being sleepy, and wanting to be held, rather than put down, which made getting dressed, wrapping presents, and gathering last minute things that needed to come with me quite a challenge. I was going to go to the fabric store for a zipper and transfer fabric, but I ended up asking my mom to do it for me. I made it to Kayla's shower on time. I decided to not bring in the car seat or diaper bag, and to I put a swaddle in one pocket, a burp cloth in the other and the pacifier and bottle of milk in my purse. Josiah did great being passed around. He only fussed a little and didn't spit up on anyone. He slept the whole time though. He was awake almost the whole ride there. If it weren't such a long drive he might have been awake in the beginning. Oh well, he was well loved anyhow. It was good to see everyone again. Lucas and Dorothy are so cute and so big. It's hard to believe that in 3 months Josiah will be that size. Judy said that she is working on improving the pumping rooms at Providence. I guess one is way over by nursing education and the other is way over in the tower on the 7th floor. She said that there is only one chair, the outlet is so far from the table that the pump has to be on the floor, and the whole thing takes her about a half hour if she tries to use the room. She is on a mission to fix it, which may seriously benefit me in the end.
I made it to Nike's shower 10 minutes late, but everyone but Heidi was 30 minutes late, so it worked out fine. Turns out I bought way too much food so we have lots of left overs. At least it's things Bryan loves: fruit, yogurt, cheese, meat, and crackers. The sewing thing went well. As it turns out, we didn't need so many sewing machines after all. Mine was the only one that got used. Josiah continued to do rather well being passed around, but he did spit up on a few people, and was a little more fussy when he got tired.
He is happier now that he is home. He was so sweet, looking around and making little noises after I fed him and before he went to sleep. I found I cherished the time more after not holding him much today. I think the only time I held him was while feeding him, otherwise it was someone else. It was a good day, but I am ready to just stay home after church tomorrow, assuming that tonight goes well enough for us to make it to church tomorrow.
One of the pictures shows Josiah's sleepy smile and how bad his baby acne is.





No comments:

Post a Comment