Sunday, March 10, 2013

First outing.

I went on my first outing without Josiah today. I fed him and pumped right before I left and woke Bryan so he'd know he was in charge of feedings and everything until I got home. When I got home from my shopping and lunch date with a friend, I found Bryan had been so ambitious that he took Josiah with him to the grocery store to buy BLT fixings. Go, Papa go! I was pleased that I was not emotionally distraut being away even though my postpartum emotions have been rather teary, and a lot of moms say it's really hard. I found it rather refreshing. Maybe I am the right one to be going back to work. Bryan seems to do better emotionally and with his goals being home. So far, this is going well to plan for a backwards than normal family.
We rested and watched TV shows for a couple hours. We hung out separately and then together with the Johnstons in the afternoon and evening. Kisha, Josiah, Rusty, and I took a walk in the lovely sunshine, and Bryan and Eric took a motorcycle ride. We all had Thai food for dinner. We discussed going there to eat, but I opted for take out. I think I am nervous about being the couple in a restaurant with a screaming child. This might significantly decrease out eating out if I feel I need a baby sitter to eat at a restaurant. We had some good conversation. Kisha and I were amused that Bryan and Eric were continuing their political and financial conversation on Facebook while in person. They kept typing to each other. They would talk about the online conversation but not have the conversation. Bryan really does like time to process and think and change his wording a few times before responding to things, so written is a good communication form for him.





No comments:

Post a Comment