Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Changes

Last night went well again. Bryan and I even made a little time to talk, pray, and read together before I went to sleep. Josiah did really well. He didn't want to sleep until 10, like I wanted to, so I got up with him at 9. Bryan made us a fire and went back to bed. I did a good job of not over using the Internet, and not distracting myself with TV. I just hung out with Josiah and enjoyed him. He was on his stomach for 15 minutes without fussing. We spent some time in his room looking in the mirror, at the mobile, and at his black and white high contrast cards. After reading more about latching and positions, I tried the cross over position on the right with no guard, and Josiah ate for 15 minutes like that. He unlatched and relatched several times, so I have hope we can do it more, and maybe successfully wean from the guard!
After my lunch and feeding Josiah, I pumped to be sure I was empty and went for a run. It was only 12 minutes at 10 minute pace, but I did it. My lungs were working hard, my abs worked hard, and my pelvic region felt loose, but I did not feel like I had to pee with every step, or like I was having contractions or anything at all like it felt running while pregnant. It feels like these new issues are an improvement on the former ones. I will probably try again tomorrow.
Mom came by, gave us more wood vacuumed the living room, and we took Rusty for a walk since he was all bent out of shape about the chickens being in his yard.
I also made dinner. Nothing complicated, but I put ingredients together and made food. I am feeling like I am actively participating in my life at the moment, not just reacting to what has gone on and what is going on.
Pumping milk seems to be going well. I pump 30 minutes after a feeding, which is usually an hour or more before the next and I am getting a nice supply of milk. I wonder if I can store up enough that I won't have to pump as fervently when I go back to work, but Josiah could still have breast milk for a whole year. We'll see.
After all that, we decided to go to the grocery store. I think we bought a month's worth of groceries. We haven't really been in 4 weeks. We didn't quite fit the trip into the times between feedings. Josiah got pretty upset and hungry. We ended up feeding him a bottle in the car seat so we could continue with our plan to treat ourselves to drinks from Sonic.
I'd say it was a successful day, hopefully I get to sleep some because I am tired.



No comments:

Post a Comment