Saturday, March 16, 2013

Reset the baby?

I have been praying that Bryan and I will feel rested inspite of lack of sleep. Josiah wanted to eat every two hours again last night, leaving us both exhausted. I got up with him at 8 because I was hungry. I figured I could eat and then nap with Josiah on the couch, since feeding lying in bed wasn't working. He would eat for 3 minutes, then sleep ten, then eat one minute, and sleep 5, and on and on. Napping on the couch didn't work much better. Josiah just wanted to keep on eating. Every time he woke up when unlatched he would cry for more. We ended up just quitting and going consignment shopping with the Bentley's and Greers, and to lunch at Red Robin. He was fussy even walking around in the Moby Wrap. When we got home at 6 he wanted to eat for an hour intermixed with sleep. I quit at 7 and got him to sleep at 8, after an hour of fussing. He then wanted to eat for an hour again at 8:45 and fussed whenever he stopped. Finally, Bryan said we should "reset" him. Start over, change diaper, clothes, location, position, and activity. It may have worked. He is calm now, but I fear for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment