Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Changes

Last night, Bryan said he didn't come to bed until 5 am, because every time he laid Josiah down he would wake up and cry. Then this morning when I got up with him to tidy the house for Savannah who was coming over and making omelets for us, he started fussing and crying while being caries in the Moby and would only calm down if I laid him down and let him be. I tried picking him up again once he was calm and he screamed and cried again. Fickle child. This evening I was pondering why he likes diaper changes but seems to fuss when it's all over and gets picked up, and I wonder if we are fastening his diapers too tight across his belly and it hurts him so he fusses. I will try doing things more loosely tomorrow and see if it helps. I took some diaper pictures to compare. I have him in a Kissaluvs size 0 and a Pro Wrap in the first, and a Grow Baby (the old version of Grovia) in the second. The old version has a shorter rise, so it fits him already. It is bigger than the newborn stuff we are using, but it contains his messes with no leaks in today's first trial. Poo got on the cover, so I didn't continue to change the inserts.
Today, Josiah slept 5 hours in a row! I wish he'd choose night time for such feats. After awaking, he wanted to eat every 1.5 hours, we did that 3 times, and then he stayed awake for 2 hours, fussy at times, but awake. He then slept 3 hours making it 5 hours between feedings again. He ate every 2 hours after that. We'll see now what surprises he has in store for us tonight.
His baby acne is starting to clear, which makes him cuter than ever. He is smiling more, and for longer, so sometimes if alerted others can see before he stops. His neck control is improving at a rapid rate. It's hard to believe he'll be one month old on Thursday. I know it's been a month, and it hasn't really even flown by or escaped me. I have soaked in the joy of motherhood and watching him grow the whole time. The thing is he is growing. He doesn't stay the same. It's the intrigue and beauty of it, but it's also saddening to know he'll never be that tiny and vulnerable again. He gains more independence every day, and I take both joy and sorrow in it. It's a strange dichotomy.













No comments:

Post a Comment