Thursday, January 31, 2013

Appointment day.

I started my day with a 9:45 doctor appointment. My pulse was in the 100s. It's felt a bit high the last week, I should monitor that. Everything else is still looking normal and low risk. They did by group B strep test today. They said they'd tell me the results next week. I was told that at week 38 they'd like to check my cervix. When I asked how important that was she said not very and agreed that if things are going fine we can skip checking me. Hurray! I got told the signs of labor and danger and what to call for and was done.
I had a chiropractor appointment for 11:45. She put my rib back again whiich was really out of place again. I had asked about prone maternity massage for a friend and they do have it. After adjusting and readjusting and feeling my muscles where they pinch even after the adjustment she said I ought to get a massage for that right shoulder and back soon to help the adjustment stick. It turned out they could fit me in right then and I got a 30 minute deep tissue massage. It felt so good to get to lay on my stomach. I kept joking with the therapist about the pillow. I asked if it was available for the next 30 minutes for a nap and if it was available for rent at night for the next month. She thought it was funny and was rather surprised that I fit in it at 9 months pregnant. She really dug into the muscles on the right and told me to ice and drink lots of water for the next few days.
So I had three medical appointments all in one day. I feel very cared for. Oh, and one of the greatest parts is we are billing the insurance for the massage and the adjustments.
I meet Bryan for sushi for lunch. It tasted amazing. I am so glad that I am not following that pregnancy rule. I went home and iced and ended up falling asleep in the rocking chair. When I woke up my right side was still sore, so I took it easy and started the baby book, well the easy fill in one. At 6 I tidied up the house a bit and got dinner ready. Lori and Chris came over for steak and baked potatoes. It was delicious. I am also glad I am not eating my steak well done. It just wouldn't taste as good. It was really good to see Lori and Chris. We just kept talking till it was pretty late. I did succeed in narrowing down the safari pictures to 5 and to specific sizes for printing. I am really excited to see how it'll look. To end all the talking we just planed to do it again Tuesday so Lori and I can nail down who is doing what for Lora's shower.
Good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment