Friday, January 25, 2013

Mandatory Overtime

So far I have worked 45 hours this week and I have 4 more tomorrow. I must be spoiled by my usual 36 hours because this 50 hour week feels like it's killing me. It might be because I had a 14 hour day followed by a 15 hour day. My body is tired and so is my brain. I am getting all the training on the new computer system all in one week. Bryan got me a 60 minute massage as a Christmas gift. I chose to schedule it this week so I would have motivation to keep going. I had my massage today before my class. It was very nice! Class wasn't too bad today. I actually got out 30 minutes early.
I have noticed significantly more and stronger symptoms since last week. The movements are smaller due to the baby's size and small living space. His position results in kicks being directed toward my back. It's more painful back there, but not what I'd imagined from watching others. I have significant urinary urgency for very small amounts of urine. I was getting up once a night to pee, it's increased to 3x. The acid reflux is worse. I find myself swallowing over and over if I try to lay down and sooner than 2 hours after eating. My upper back pain was not resolved by the chiropractor, or the massage. I get swelling in my ankles, but still very small amounts. I waddle when I walk. It takes 15 minutes or more to get dressed. Contractions are a part of my every day life. I am glad that I know that this won't last any longer than 7 more weeks. With a due date less than 5 weeks away I feel like an end is coming! It's really more like a beginning, but it's hard to not see it as an end when my body is so uncomfortable.



No comments:

Post a Comment