Monday, January 7, 2013

Deal Hunting

I like to never pay full price for things. Free is my favorite price. Homemade is my favorite style. It's not that I don't have the ability to pay full price, I just like to stretch my resources as far as possible to get more out of what I already have. I was given a bin full of newborn cloths for free, that I love and am great full for. I was given another tub full of 0-9 months cloths that were also free but rather stained. But for the price of a tub of oxyclean, some elbow grease and a day's work washing and folding I have probably 60 articles of baby clothing. I was given a baby swing that is super nice. I was given all kinds of bedding and bathing things car seats and strollers. I have a lot of stuff for not having had an official shower and it was mostly given to me. I have purchased a used rocking chair, a used breast pump, a book case, an ottoman and a baby mattress.
Today I was at a department store looking for a gift for a friend and wondered past the baby department. I saw 80% off clearance winter baby clothes so I bought some. I picked 9 month sizes since my zone will be that age in the winter around Christmas. I bought 10 things ( 3 long sleeve onesies, 3 sweatshirts, 2 fleece hoodies, and 2 pair fleece pants) all for $20. I feel pretty good about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment