Monday, January 21, 2013

Back pain.

I've been told that pregnancy causes a lot of lower back pain. Thankfully that has not been a problem for me. I have chronic issues with pelvic alignment which resulted in a bulging disc between L5&S1 this summer. So I am glad that so far the belly weight is not exacerbating the area. Instead, I have been struggling with upper back pain between my shoulder blades on the right side. Sitting is especially painful and I generally avoid it.
Today I decided to go see my chiropractor to see if I had something out. She adjusted 2 ribs and all my vertebrae in the area as well as most of the rest of me. I felt better right away but now it hurts again. :( I am hoping that it's just the muscles and that when they calm down I'll feel better, but it feels like maybe the adjustment didn't stick. I have a massage scheduled for Friday so hopefully that will help. Maybe I'll need to go back to the chiropractor after the muscles are all loosened up so that things stick. I really would like this to get better before I go into labor. I don't need unrelated pain at that point.
Here's some pictures I took when Bryan went out to cut firewood. The ice was so pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment