Thursday, January 31, 2013

Home day

My lack of energy came back with a vengeance today. I got up to keep the fire going but ended up taking a nap on the couch till about noon. I did get some reading done. I finished the Husband Coached Child Birth book. Some of the things the husbands said made me all teary eyed. Now that I think about it, I got all teary eyed writing thank you cards too. Maybe I am starting to be a bit emotional because of pregnancy.
I also spent some time updating amazon. I probably need to update babies r us too. I'd better get the password figured out. I looked up baby apps for the phone and downloaded a really cool white noise app and a very good video monitor app. It works on my old deactivated phone and new phone together. One records video the other can view it and talk to the other phone.
I got my act together around 2pm. I ate a good lunch and started working on Melissa's birthday gift. I decided that I want to use my serger to do the gathering, but it is a 4 thread stitch. I tested it out and it'll kinda do it with 3 but not really all that well, so I called the montivilla sewing center and they said they cary the screw there. I however remember them telling me when I bought my needles never to loose the screw because they are hard to get. Oh well, they had it. I planned to get there 15 minutes before closing at 6 so I could stop by target and home depot as well for some baby room items before meeting Laura and Lori for coffee and discussion of what Laura wants for a baby shower.
Lori had a cute idea for a milk themed shower, I think we can do that really well and Laura will love it.
When I got home Bryan helped me put together the lamp, the trash can, the picture frames and change the outlets in the baby's room to safety ones. I am getting closer. I still want a cheep mirror or two, a towel rack for a standing bar, some wall decal stickers, some color coordinated storage bins, maybe a few more picture frames, a stuffed animal net and probably a few more things that I am forgetting. I think I can make the closet work for me with very little modification just for saving money. I realized that he may come early and if I plan too hard on him being late then I'll end up not being ready.

1 comment:

  1. Milk-themed showers are the best and very appropo for Laura! Things seems to be coming along nicely for you and before you know it Little Boy will be here. Time has sped up all of a sudden.

    ReplyDelete