Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Perspective

I kinda look at my day like this right now...
2am potty then back to sleep
5:40am potty again and get ready for work
6:20 eat
6:39 remembered my vitamin
7:50 potty again
8:45 eat again
10:30 potty again
12:00 eat again and take an iron pill
2:30 try to hold it and not potty and experience contractions that actually hurt.
3:30 give in and potty again
3:35 eat again, a cookie this time, resistance is fading. Grab a calcium so even if I fail at eating healthy I can say I took all my vitamins.
5:30 tried holding it again with more painful contractions
5:35 give up and potty again
5:40 eat salad and soup to feel healthy.
7 potty again so I can make it through report and the drive home contraction free
8:15 potty again
9:00 snack
10:00 potty again

Crazy! In the past I probably would have said I got up at 5:40, got ready, wemt to work at 6:15, arrived at 7, precepted a new hire but experienced nurse. Was filled with pride as she called her first RRT and managed it appropriately without my help, went to lunch, had a slow afternoon till we got a unit transfer at 2pm. Helped out on the floor a lot cuz my orientee didn't need my help much and got home on time for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment