Thursday, February 28, 2013

Josiah's Modeling Career

Today, we took Josiah to get newborn photos. I have been following Erin Tole's blog ever since we were just thinking about trying to conceive. I knew that I wanted her to photograph my infant, if ever I was to have one.
It was pretty hard getting him ready and to her studio is Vancouver. He needed to be kept awake for 2-3 hours prior to the session and then feed when we arrived to ensure his sleepiness. It was hard to keep him awake on a 50 minute car ride. I ended up touching his cheeks and his neck with an ice pack over and over, but still sometimes he'd sleep anyhow.
After all my efforts, we arrived and fed him, and he just laid there with his eyes open, just looking at us. We eventually got him soundly sleeping and she got him in all manor of cute poses. I have no idea how she gets babies in these positions and looking so peaceful, and I watched her do it. I enjoyed watching her work, and seeing Josiah looking adorable in person not just in pictures later.
Josiah has been pretty sleepy and exhausted since we got home. He's too sleepy to nurse until he's full so he gets fussy again really quickly. He also seems to be extra sensitive to changing positions, so we try to move him slowly and gingerly. He will, no doubt, return to his contended self with a little rest and consistency, and we will have a beautiful record of this fleeting season of his life.








No comments:

Post a Comment