Monday, February 11, 2013

Work shower

Church this morning was great. I love worshiping in a bigger setting. The music just has a deeper quality for me with a full band and many voices around me. The sermon was on Luke 8:26 on. About Jesus casting the legion of demons out of a man and allowing them to go into the pigs. Bryan and I talked a lot about what do we know about demons and spiritual warfare. We concluded that we didn't realize that demons can only operate under the permission of God. God gave permission for the testing of job. He gave permission for a spirit so to and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all he prophets of Ahab in 2 Chronicles 18:19 and on. We ate at Sharies while we talked. Bryan was stoked to see the Ruben back on the menu and I convinced the waitress to order me the senior portion of eggs Benedict.
We ran errands until it was time to head to the east side for my work baby shower. It was good to see and chat with so many of them. Karen and Steve were there with baby Dorothy and Judy came with baby Lucas. Shelly Coe came and Sheila Ball. Dani came. Jeanie brought Leslie. I got so many wonderful gifts! I only need to return/ exchange one thing and it is because it's broken. Savannah did a great job, and I know Megan helped a ton. The food was all amazing! Ribs, amazing dip with bread, veggie and fruit trays and the dip for the fruit was march mellow cream and cream cheese mix nit was so good. There was ice cream cake. Blended iced cocoa. It was all so yummy.
Karen got us the car seat base and a swaddle designs blanket. Jeanie picked out a ton of cute clothes. Judi got us one of the cute monkey bins and a bib. We now have three super cute skip hop bibs. Savannah got me the under cover nursing tank and a changing pad cover and the giraffe bib. Kayla got us the mobile I've been wanting some cute clothes and a car seat cover. Plus many more awesome gifts.
Savannah found this game where you match the animal with the name for it's I spring. It was crazy hard. I did a team of 3 and we still missed 8.
The whole event was a huge success!















1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful time! (And how darling are you in that last picture?!)

    ReplyDelete