Monday, February 11, 2013

Nesting maybe?

I got the thank you cards written for my work shower in the morning while I was wanting to be sedentary in front of the fire. When I was ready for a little more action I washed all the cloths and blankets we were given, put them away, organized the toys and put out only the age appropriate ones for the first 6 months. Bryan got the cars all ready with the car seat bases fastened in and the parent mirrors in place. I put the packed bag and breast pump in my trunk. I cleaned up the space in my room where the baby will sleep at first. I hung the mobile there for now and organized the near by shelving to be safe from anything falling into the little bassinet thing. I also went to work on the whole bedroom, hung pictures that I have been waiting to hang, cleared off the dresser again, picked up the mess on the floor, put the waterproof mattress pad on our bed, changed the sheets and washed the comforter and it's cover. I think I can say our room is officially ready, our cars are officially ready and the baby's room is getting close. I think maybe nesting is setting in. I got tired and took little rests between things, but I accomplished a lot.
I started to wonder if I was crazy and going into labor soon when I started contemplating washing the comforter. I told my self I was just being reasonable when I got the cover off and saw how discolored the top part was, and it smelled like dirty boy. We'll see. I hope we get a little more prep time before his arrival, but we are ready enough just in case he doesn't wait.
The last two pictures are a front and back small scrap quilt from Melissa and the bright quilt that Tricia made for me.









1 comment: