Thursday, May 9, 2013

5/8/13 Cordination

Josiah is getting more coordinated with his hands. For a few days now, he's been rubbing his eyes when he gets sleepy. It has to be one of the cutest things to watch a tiny baby do. (Not that he's so tiny. I weighed him like I do suit cases today, and he was 15lbs! He was fully dressed, but still!) I'll have to get it on video soon. I think he's got fairly good control of his right hand because he opens it more and he doesn't always close it when something touches his palm, but his left still seems to be operating mostly off his reflexes. He'll hold pretty much anything I put into his left hand, but if I put the same thing in his right he'll drop it as soon as I let go of whatever it is. It's fun to watch his development.

Today turned out to be a fairly low key day. We stayed around the house. Bryan messed with his old iPhone trying to get the mic to work, so his dad can have it, and then set up iMessage on his mom's iPad. It was a technology kind of day. Then, when we were finally ready to go somewhere it was 5pm, and we didn't have anywhere we wanted to go that late. Bob's Red Mill closes at 6, and the scenic highway in the gorge is pretty much an all day event.

Josiah cuddled with me again for a little while this afternoon!

 

I also got some gardening done, mowed the lawn, pulled some weeds, and cooked a nice dinner. I did have a lot of chopping help with dinner. It was kinda nice to have a relaxing day.

Edwina actually used Siracha sauce on her basil chicken stir fry and liked it!
The onesie Bryan chose to go with these shorts after Josiah spit up on his teal one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment