Monday, May 6, 2013

5/6/13 Sleep update

Josiah is still sleeping in his own room. We all seem to get better sleep this way since Josiah can be grunty at night, which wakes me, and my tossing and turning makes the bed creak which wakes him. If he's in his room and the monitor is on low, I can ignore his grunts and he doesn't hear the creaking.
It's been 2-3 weeks now that Josiah has been consistently sleeping from 9-2:30, sometimes 3, or a couple nights 10-4. Bryan gets up changes a diaper, gives 5oz milk in a bottle, burps and lays Josiah back down. This usually takes 30 minutes to an hour if Josiah is having trouble burping. Then I get up and feed him and pump the next time he wakes up, which is usually around 5:30-7am. Frequently, Josiah will go back to sleep again until 8 or 9. Sometimes, I get up and run or start some laundry, and sometimes I go back to bed. I am not looking forward to the day that I'll be heading to work after this early feeding.


My milk and my baby must finally be in sync. Josiah is no longer showing signs of milk troubles or colic troubles. We haven't given him Colic Calm in a week, and he is doing great without it. We still have his mattress a bit elevated, but I want to try flattening it out again soon, before Josiah starts rolling.
Today, we rested mostly. We did try to go to the Rose Garden, but there were very few roses. We might try again in a week. We decided to go to our favorite steak place since the garden was so disappointing and we were half way there. It was delicious, of course, and Josiah behaved very well.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Josiah finally went to a steakhouse. Now we just need to get him to Rib City. ;-)

    ReplyDelete