Wednesday, May 15, 2013

5/13/13 Lazy Day

We have been gone from home so much and so busy, that we decided to just rest today. So we got out of bed around 11am (well actually I got up several times before that, I just didn't stay up until 11am). We ate a leisurely breakfast and puttered around. I got a text from Laura saying we should hang out, so I went over there for the afternoon and we talked, played with babies and sewed. It was nice. I got some more burp cloths finished for Nike, and I cut some flannel to surge the edge of for a swaddle blanket. Josiah tested out Jess's (note: Laura checked and this is grammatically correct due to the 's' making a soft sound. So, you add an apostrophe 's' to make the 'z' sound to make it possessive) activity mat. He sure got a kick out of talking to himself in the mirror.

While sewing he got a bit fussy after laying on the floor for a while, so I borrowed Laura's Moby Wrap to calm him down. It worked; he slept some in it and was happy until he got hungry. I wasn't finished with what I was working on so I decided it was time to get creative. I have heard people say that you can breast feed a baby in the Moby. Josiah has pretty consistent head control now, so I just loosened everything while he was in the newborn hold and got him down to the right level and scooted him a bit over to the left and he went to town. I thought it might be uncomfortable, but it was fine, and he was happy, so I finished my sewing project.

He's nursing in this picture
sleepy smiles before bed

 

No comments:

Post a Comment