Thursday, May 30, 2013

5/28/13 difficulty in paradise.

Last night Josiah woke up very frequently. I think I heard someone say that it's common for infants to do that in a new environment.  I hope that improves some in time for me to feel rested for a full day of play here. Even if it doesn't relaxing here by the ocean is better than relaxing on my couch at home. 
I noticed a large hard painful lump in my right breast last night. It felt like engorgement but just in one area. I googled the signs and symptoms of a plugged duct and i believe that's my problem, so today I have been applying heat before nursing or pumping, always nursing on the right side first and icing afterword. While nursing on the right, I have to massage the duct toward the nipple to get it to release milk. When I do this while pumping I can see milk spray forcefully from 4 places and barely drip from one. I assume the dripping one is the plugged one.  It's really uncomfortable. I can't really hold Josiah on that side due to the pain. I hope it doesn't take too long to clear up. 
Cliff and Yo both worked today, so Bryan and I got to watch Elijah. Yoshimi  brought some baby gifts when she dropped Elijah off. Josiah now has 2 more 6 month old outfits and a swim diaper and long sleeved sun protection shirt.(SPF 50) 
We put the swim outfit to use immediately. We just hung out at the apartment playing in the two different pools. One is salt water and the other chlorinated. I put on sunscreen but evidently I didn't my reapply enough because now I'm pretty burnt. First day. Ugg. Hopefully it'll heal a while before we leave. It won't be too fun bring burnt the whole time.  :( oops
We went to Denny's for dinner because we let Elijah choose the restaurant. We went grocery shopping at Costco and Target and dropped Elijah off at Yo's salon before heading back to the apartment. In spite of the difficulties it was a great day!

Swimming!
He finds swimming very thought provoking. He concentrates really hard. 
Hanging out I. The shade. 
Sleeping at Costco. 
Cliff and Elijah rough housing at Costco. 
My favorite fruit!
I waited two years for a fresh one of these! Cliff sends me dried ones and brought some frozen ones when he visited last year. It helps with the cravings but fresh is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment