Sunday, June 2, 2013

6/1/13 Cram Packed Day

We went to Waimea to pick up a friend of Elijah up to hang out with us today. We also went by a market there. I got some lychee and some cinnamon sweet bread to snack on for second breakfast. It was delicious. 

We went to Mahu Kona to snorkel around a wrecked ship. It's chain, engine, propeller and boiler are in the harbor. There is also the ruins of an old port where the train came and used to put sugar on ships. It looks a lot like swimming around Atlantis with all the man made things under water. The coral in the area is recovering. There were a lot more kinds of fish than I thought I would see. The ones I know the names of that I saw are needle fish, yellow tang, moorish idol, milk fish, rasp fish, reef trigger fish, brittle sea star, sticky sea urchin, pencil sea urchin and a bunch more that I don't know the name of. 
Our little covered area. 
The yellow tang. 


The place where we snorkeled. 
Bryan and I took turns staying on shore with Josiah.
Snorkeling around. 
The brittle sea star that Cliff dove for and let Elijah play with for a little while. 
Elijah asleep in the car after a long day of play. 
We got dinner from Annie's a burger and sandwhich place that was amazing. I got garlic basil fries and a catch of the day sandwhich which was ono grilled lettuce tomato and wasabi sauce on sour dough. It was delicious! We ate in the car and drove to Volcano National Park to see the lava glow at night. It turned out to be a clear night with no moon. The glow was amazing and so were the stars!
Taken with my iPhone above and taken with Cliff's camera below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment