Saturday, June 1, 2013

5/31/13 Beach trip!

Josiah slept from 8:30pm to 3am!!! Bryan gave him a bottle at 3am and I didn't have to feed him until 6! I decided that with all that sleep I might have the energy for a run. I ran 4 miles along the ocean view road. The photo below is a view on my run!
Cliff had some errands to do in the early morning so we played in the pool for a while before heading out on the days's adventures. 
This is the PDF I got at Costco for Josiah. It is supposed to float babies face up. It is possible to flip face down if Josiah flails his arms and legs a lot, so we are teaching him to be calm in the water. 
Hands free floating calmly. He actually fell asleep. He was tired or he probably wouldn't have fallen asleep. 
We went to two beaches today. We walked a little way through the lava field to a beach called Kahaki or maybe Mahailua.  We carried quite a lot of stuff. I guess we used most of it except a canopy and one chair. 

It was rather empty which was nice. 

There were some abandoned buildings on the beach. 
I followed a trail over to another area of the beach and Elijah went through the water. 



There was also this old water tower. 
Cliff brought a hammock. With the beautiful beach and the water and a trail, Bryan of course chose to hang out in the hammock when he wasn't having to watch Elijah play in the ocean. 

Cliff and I walked another lava trail over to another beach called Makalevena. It had beautiful teal colored water! We played in the water for about 20 minutes and had to head back so I could feed Josiah. We left him and Elijah with Bryan. I didn't pack any bottle of milk or anything today, so we went back after I bummed some sunscreen off a stranger so I wouldn't burn my legs. 

I fed Josiah while laying in the hammock. It was doable but would have been easier in an asymmetrical one like Bryan's blackbird. Josiah liked laying in the hammock. Maybe it was the bright red contrasting fabric blowing. The wind. 

We got Josiah propped up in Elijah's chair pretty easily and sat around chatting watching the ocean for a while while Elijah played with some kids he just met and while cliff took pictures. 
So cute!
Elijah playing with his friends. 
All the stuff Bryan carried to the car while I used the restroom. Notice Josiah is helping to carry his bouncy seat. (That bouncy seat might just be one of the most useful inexpensive baby items. It is a clean place to put Josiah pretty much anywhere: the pool, the beach, the kitchen counter, the bathroom while showering if I don't want to hold him the whole time I shower and I am sure many more. It's actually where Josiah is sleeping at night while we are here because there are very poisonous centipedes that make it a bad idea to leave him unsupervised on the floor.)
The sun coming through the clouds!
Sea turtles and dolphins we saw in the pools at the Hilton. We went to take the boat ride and let Elijah look at the fish b
Bryan and I behind a waterfall in one of the Hilton's pools. 

No comments:

Post a Comment