Saturday, June 1, 2013

5/30/13 Dreams of grandeur.

I hung out with Yoshimi in the afternoon today. In the morning we all played in the salt water pool. It had filled 2 inches above the tip top with the rain over night and had a bunch of small sticks and degree in it. Bryan and I both messed with the pool skimmer for quite a while and it was rather clean when we finished. 

I walked to meet Yo for lunch in town. I made it 1.5 miles in 20 minutes. I was pretty sweaty when i got there but the work out felt good. We went to lunch at a sushi place that is like Subway called Hayashi's. You tell them what you want in the roll and they add it all in. It was delicious. I had smoked salmon, water crest, lettuce, avocado, and massago. It was delicious. 
We also went swim suit shopping because I have grown a few sizes since the last time I wore my bikinis. I had success with Roxy separates at Costco for 12.50 each! I also got an infant PDF for Josiah because it was so cheep.  
Yo took me to see the salon she works in on Saturdays. It is part of the Hillaluli (sp?) resort where the 4 seasons Hotel is. We walked all around. It was so relaxing and serene. It makes me want to stay there some day. I think the cheapest rooms go for $599/night though. 
They had fancy covered chairs. 
Beautiful private beaches. 


An upscale restaurant right on the beach. 

An infinity pool!
It made me want to stay there for sure. 
We saw this trail that goes through lava fields connecting the northern part of the island to Kona. 
We ate dinner at a place called the Lemongrass. This is one of three huge prams with the head on, plus 5 with the head off and all those veggies. It was delicious! We also had a wonderful papaya salad and a beef short rib soup to go with it. I did try to eat one of the shrimp heads but failed. It tasted similar to crawfish heads which I also prefer not to eat. 
It was wonderful to hang out with Yoshimi. Josiah sure likes her. She gets the biggest smiles and tons of little giggles out of him. He just talks to her about everything. It's really cute to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment